Hey there, today we have another leg workout from my favourite suspension training expert, Dan Long. This workout targets the inner and outer thighs and is a more advanced level workout. If you are working out regularly with your TRX, then these are for you. If you are still a beginner, I recommend holding off a little until you feel stronger. But if you are up for challenge, then who am I to stop you. Go for it!
These 3 suspension exercises are excellent as they help you with your athletic form and helps you become more explosive off the blocks. They are more advanced so you will feel an excellent burn during the workout so your goal here it to push through as Dan would say go into Kill Mode and knock it out.
Lets get started!
1. Single Leg Explosive Sprinter Start Left / Right
- Place your straps in single hand mode.
- Start by facing away from the anchor point.
- Place your right foot in foot cradle and place hands flat on floor under shoulders.
- With right foot straight out behind you, and left foot on floor in a sprinter start position.
- With an explosive movement, quickly lift your hips up and pull the suspended right leg toward you, while left leg is also off ground.
- Return to start position, and repeat for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Repeat with left foot in foot cradle for 30 to 45 seconds.
2. Explosive High Squat Jumps Left / Right
- Stand in wide foot stance, facing anchor point
- Place your arms straight out in front of you at shoulder height
- Lean your body back.
- Squat down and explosively jump up to the opposite side, landing back into squat position, and repeat.
- Continue for 30 to 45 seconds.
3. Single Leg Side Lunge / Hamstring Tuck
- Place straps in single hand mode.
- Put your left foot in foot cradle, standing to the side, away from anchor point.
- Hop out to get into position.
- Lunge on right leg, touching floor with fingertips for balance, and stand back up.
- Tuck your knee in toward your body, and hop up.
- Repeat for desired for 30 to 45 seconds and repeat with right foot in foot cradle.
- Repeat for desired 30 to 45 seconds on right side.
Watch Dan Long take your through these awesome workouts.
If you want more workouts like this, I recommend you get Dan Long’s Suspension Revolution Workout Program.