If you want to take your ab exercises to the next level with your suspension trainer, Dan Long has got a workout for you that will do just. These 3 exercises will take your core to the next level resulting in a much stronger body and better looking abs. An advantage of these abdominal workouts is that your butt will get a good workout at the same time.
Suspension expert, Dan Long has 3 TRX Ab workouts that are for intermediate level so for those of you you want to get your game on the this is for you. Lets get started.
Front Plank on Hands to Elbows – Left/Right
- Lie down facing away from anchor point.
- Place your feet in foot cradles, facing down in front plank position.
- Start in a push-up position.
- Bend your left arm to get down on left elbow.
- Do the same with your right elbow so that to are now have both elbows on the floor.
- Go back up on your hands and repeat for 30 to 45 seconds.
Side Plank Scissor Feet With Reach Under
- Place your feet in foot cradles.
- Lie down on your Right side.
- Lock your feet in an offset foot position (top leg/foot behind bottom leg/foot).
- Get onto Right elbow, and then lift body straight up on your elbow
- Raise left arm straight up into the air and hold.
- Scissor feet apart, and then reach under with your left hand.
- Return to start position, with feet locked in offset position, and left arm straight up in air.
- Repeat for 30 to 45 seconds then repeat the exercise on your left side / left elbow.
Reverse Plank on Hands With Hip Drop
- Lie on your back.
- Place your heels in the handles
- Place your hands flat on the floor
- Raise your body straight off the ground into reverse plank position
- Lower your hips down just above the ground and lift back to start position.
- Repeat for 30 to 45 seconds.
Watch Dan take you through the exercises in the video below.
Do these exercises for 2 to 3 rounds for a killer ab workout that will give you an excellent burn. Your core will thank you for it.
If you want more intermediate TRX exercises like these, check out Dan Long’s Suspension Revolution program here.