Hi there. Today we are going to be focusing on the upper body and the shoulders in particular. My favourite TRX expert which I am a member of his Suspension Revolution program, has an excellent suspension workout that targets the shoulders. These exercises will challenge but give you awesome results. Add them to your current workout or swap them out from time to time.
Do each exercises for 40 seconds left and right for 40 seconds and try get in 3 to 4 rounds. You will reap the benefits.
1. Single Arm Body Rotation – Left / Right
- Place your suspension straps in single hand mode.
- Face the anchor point with your feet together.
- Hold the handle with your left hand at your chest.
- Lean back with your arm extended
- Pull your left arm to your left side, bringing your body back to standing position.
- Do not lift your arm higher than your shoulder. This is not effective.
- Return to the starting point.
- Do as many repititions for 40 seconds then repeat with your right arm.
- If you want to challenge yourself, lift the opposite leg and do the same move.
2. Single Arm with Single Leg Row
- Place straps in single hand mode.
- Stand away from the anchor point facing it.
- Hold the handles with your right arm.
- Lean your body back, facing anchor point, and raise your right leg.
- Pull right arm back at shoulder height, pulling your body forward and return to start position.
- Do as many repetitions as you can for 40 seconds and repeat using your left arm.
3. 90 Degree Shoulder Press
If you are struggling with the shoulder press as many seem to do when starting out, have a look at this video here. Dan will take you through a progression to build you up to a 90 degree shoulder press on a TRX.
- Place your straps in single hand mode.
- Stand directly under anchor point.
- Put your strong foot in foot cradle
- Walk yourself back on hands and leg as shown in the video below to a 90° angle so that you are in a hand stand position.
- Using your hands and suspended foot for support, lower body by bending arms into shoulder press. (Inverted push-up)
- Repeat for a total of 15 -20 reps.
Watch Dan take you through these suspension shoulder workouts.
If you want more awesome TRX workouts from Dan Long, please check out his Suspension Revolution program. He has over 191 unique exercises with videos showing you are to build your core strength and build a great body.