It has been a while since I last posted and due for a new workout as we now in Spring. This is usually time when the weather gets warmer and we can start going outside and get fit for the summer months. Today’s workout focuses on the lower body working your legs, thighs and hips. TRX expert Dan Long has put 3 awesome workouts together that will sculpt your lower body and get you into great shape.
Lets get started!
Suspended Static Lunge – Left / Right
- Put the straps in single hand mode (SHM).
- Place your right foot in foot cradle facing away from anchor point.
- Bend your left knee and lower your body to ground into a static lunge without allowing knee to touch the ground
- Stand up returning to the start position.
- Continue for 30 to 45 seconds
- Repeat with your left foot in the foot cradle.
- Lie on your back placing your feet in foot cradles.
- Place your hands flat on floor out to sides for support.
- Raise your hips off floor.
- Curl your knees in toward chest and back out, keeping hips off floor.
- Repeat for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Lie on floor on your back placing your feet in foot cradles.
- Place your hands out to side for support.
- Bring knees in at 90° and raise your hips straight up into plank position.
- Lower your back to the ground and repeat for 30 to 45 seconds.
Do these 3 exercises for 3 or 4 rounds for a great workout that works your core and lower body that gives you a great burn. Mix up your current suspension training routine by adding this workout to it for epic results. Dan Long is the creator of Suspension Revolution where you can get over 190 exercises like these along with 15 custom workout videos that no one else is doing.
Watch the video below to see how to do these TRX lower body exercises.