Today, we have an simple but excellent workout that you can do with your suspension trainer that targets the upper body. My favorite TRX expert Dan Long has created this exercise set that will give your upper body a good workout while focusing on your core. It is important to keep your core engaged at all times for maximum results.
These exercises may be for beginner level but can easily be adapted by changing your angle and using more body weight. This is one of the benefits of suspension training and workouts is that you are not limited.
Lets go through the TRX upper body workout and you can watch Dan’s video at the end of the article
1. Hip Drop – Left / Right
- Place your straps in single-hand mode (SHM).
- Stand in an offset foot position with your left side facing the anchor point.
- Hold the straps with both hands above your head as shown.
- Drop your hip towards the right.
- Pull yourself back toward the anchor point by straightening your body.
- Repeat for 30 to 45 seconds and repeat on your left side.
2. High Back Rows Up To Your Ears
- Stand in a wide foot stance.
- Face the anchor point with your arms straight out in front of you at shoulder height.
- Lean your body back to a 45 degree angle.
- Pull yourself towards the anchor point by bending your arms
- Bring your elbows out to sides and your hands in by your ears.
- Straighten your arms back out to the start position.
- Repeat for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Note: For more resistance, you can bring your feet a steps forward so that you are under the anchor point.
- Lower your straps to about 6 to 8 inches off the ground.
- While on your hands and knees, place your feet in the foot cradles facing down.
- Lift your knees off ground and straighten body into plank position on hands.
- Bring your knees in towards your chest and out to perform the crunches.
- Repeat for 30-45 seconds
Do 3 to 4 rounds of the above 3 exercises for an awesome upper body workout. You can also do short distance sprints in between rounds for a TRX metabolic workout that will help you shred any excess fat that you want to get rid.
Watch Dan take you through these suspension exercises.
Get more exercises like these when you join Dan Long’s Suspension Revolution. With over 191 exercises and workouts, you will be well on your way to being in the best shape of your life.