Hey there TRX fans. I posted an article about TRX stretches for Upper Body and want to follow it up with 3 excellent suspension stretches for your lower body. Stretching is very important for any workout or sport that you do and helps with recovery and muscle growth. Neglecting this can lead to frequent injuries restricting you to achieve your goals as you will be starting over rather than moving forward.
1. Figure 4 Stretch
- Face your anchor point with right foot on the ground.
- Place your left ankle on top of your right knee, forming a figure 4.
- Lean it back.
- Squat down as low as you can keeping your foot locked on the floor and arms and elbows straight
- Hold for 20 to 30 seconds
- Repeat this on your left foot
2. Side Torso Stretch
- Stand sideways to the anchor point with handles at your hip
- Place your feet in an offset position with your left leg in front and your right foot behind in a staggered position
- Lean out looking at your anchor point
- Drop your hip down
- Keep arms straight and hold for 20 to 30 seconds
- Change over to the other side and repeat
3. Calf Stretch
- Stand facing away from the anchor point with handles at eye level
- Place one foot forward in an offset foot position
- Lean forward
- Move your heel on the back foot forward to stretch the calf
- Hold for 20 seconds then repeat by changing feet position.
We are all guilty of not stretching but if you implement these stretches for your lower body, you are guaranteed a much better workout by doing this before your workout. Give yourself a good 3 to 5 minute stretch and then a cool down stretch right after your training.
Watch Dan Long demonstrate the above stretches