In this article, we are going to demonstrate 2 workouts for your back that you can do with your TRX suspension straps. These exercises are for beginners and new comers to suspension trainer and will be post more workouts for the intermediate and advanced users
You will want to do as many reps as you can for 30 to 45 seconds. This gives you an excellent workout because you are using your own body weight as resistance so there is no need for extra weights and most important of all, you are not putting further pressure on your joints.
One of the main benefits of bodyweight training is that while you are working out, you are engaging over 600 muscles at one time which builds up your core. While your core gets stronger, this helps you build muscle faster.
Lets go through the exercises that will help build a great looking back.
1. Back Rows 45°
- Stand facing the anchor point with your feet just outside your shoulders.
- Lean back with your arms straight in front of you.
- With palms facing down, pull yourself forward pulling your hands to your chest at a 45° angle.
- Go back to straight arms and repeat for 30 to 45 seconds.
2. High Back Rows
- Stand facing the anchor point with your feet slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Lean back with your arms straight out in front of you at shoulder height.
- With your body at an angle, bend your arms bringing elbows out to sides, and hands in by your ears
- Straighten arms back out and repeat for 30 to 45 seconds.
If you are just starting out, I suggest that you take a step back once you are in position. This will make it easier for you as you learn how these exercises works. Once you get the hang of it, you can come in closer to the anchor point which will increase your angle to the floor, increasing the resistance.
For more workouts like this, visit Dan Long’s Suspension Revolution and get over 191 unique exercises.